Work Together, Learn Together, Excel Together, Better Together
ConnectEd Partnership’s innovative bespoke Support Programme is designed to support NQTs to meet the Teachers’ Standards by the end of their first year in the profession. It builds on from Initial Teacher Training, and provides developmental opportunities for NQTs to continually improve classroom practice through a blend of face-to-face training, reflective practice and practical application.
This high quality programme will be facilitated over 5 full days across the year by highly experienced senior leaders supported by a professional network of senior leaders from within Partnership schools. The programme is designed to be organic, personalised and cohesive in nature with a connection of continuous themes such as well-being and reflection running throughout. It is an all round development package with the aim of producing thoughtful, self-improving reflective practitioners.
What does the programme involve?
Day 1—25 September 2018
- Establishing yourself as a teacher
- Having a positive start to the year
- Recognising your strengths
- Getting the best out of your first year and setting goals for yourself and your pupils
Day 2—10 October 2018
- Teaching & Learning
- Assessment moderation
- Statutory assessment age related expectations
Day 3—23 October 2018
- Classroom Management—what are the barriers to learning?
- Developing behaviour management strategies to aid learning
Day 4—15 January 2019
- Personal well-being
- Managing difficult conversations
- Performance in meetings
Day 5—4 June 2019
- The craft of teaching
- Keeping your learning current
- Being able to identify your own strengths and future areas for development through becoming reflective practitioners
- CPD throughout the year
Every session will provide:
- A focus on teaching and learning
- The key to successful teaching
- Sharing of good practice—what is working well/issues to solve
- Time for reflection
Venue, Costs & Booking Information
NQTs will be expected to attend all sessions to maximise the benefits of the course
£450.00 per NQT (ConnectEd Member Schools)
£500.00 per NQT (Non-member Schools)
Facilitators: Mr Ben Davis (Headteacher, Grove Primary School)
Mrs Lisa Walker (Deputy Headteacher, Broadmeadow Special School)
Booking link: https://bookwhen.com/connected/e/ev-svmy-20180925090000
For further information email Harinder.Jandu@connectedpartnership.com
Get involved through our social media channels.