NQT Appropriate Body
ConnectEd Partnership is an Appropriate Body for the professional induction of newly qualified teachers (NQTs).
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of NQTs and the Appropriate Body makes the final decision as to whether an NQT has met the Teachers’ Standards on the recommendation of the Headteacher.
It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that they commit appropriate resources to the induction of NQTs. It is the responsibility of the Appropriate Body to ensure quality of this induction provision. As the Appropriate Body our service includes the administration, quality assurance and supporting & monitoring of NQTs.
ConnectEd Partnership will provide the following to partner schools as part of their membership fee: (The cost to non membership schools is £300 per NQT).
- Register and monitor the progress of NQTs and report to the National College for Teaching and Learning
- Make decisions on the outcome of statutory induction for NQTs
- Give advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advise on appropriate support packages for the NQT
- Provide advice and guidance on the induction of NQTs
- NQT Induction Tutor information pack and NQT Handbook
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teacher’s Standards
- Phone/email support for NQT Induction Tutors
- Provide access to up-to-date guidance documents
For those NQTs who need a higher level of support or a more personalised approach we are able to provide additional services at a subsidised cost which includes:
- Individual personalised support and guidance
- Bespoke training programme delivered in house
- Evaluation visit and/or lesson observations
Get involved through our social media channels.